1. Can a person other than registered passport / GCC national identity card holder initiate or complete the validation process?
No one other than registered passport / GCC national identity card holder can initiate or complete the validation process.
2. What is the timeframe within which the validation process must be completed?
Once tax-free tags are issued, they must be validated within 90 days. The tourist must depart the UAE within 6 hours of completing the validation process. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the validation approval, and the validation process will need to be repeated.
3. Which bank cards are eligible for receiving a refund?
Refunds may be processed to Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Union Pay cards.
Refunds processed by Planet to the credit/debit card will normally be in AED.
The card issuing company or bank determines the foreign exchange rate to be applied on the refund.
4. What if the card refund amount was not received within 9 calendars days?
If the card refund is not received within 9 calendars days, the issuing company or bank must be followed up with.
5. Who can be contacted for any queries?
You may contact Planet Tax Free's Customer Happiness Centre via email at Tourists@planetpayment.com, or alternatively, on +971 4 586 4700 from 9 AM to 12 AM GST.
6. How can I track the request through the Shopper portal?
• Open your smartphone camera app.
• Point it at the QR code on the tax-free tag.
• Open the URL link that appears on your smartphone’s web browser.
If your tax-free transaction is issued by a merchant who has adopted the Paperless Tax Free Issuing solution, you will receive an SMS with a URL linked to the Shopper Portal. Click on this link and enter the relevant information to login to the Shopper Portal.