1. Can a person other than registered passport / national ID holder initiate or complete the validation process?
No one other than registered passport / national ID holder can initiate or complete the validation process.
2. What is the timeframe within which the validation process must be completed?
Once tax-free tags are issued, they must be validated within 3 months. The UAE must be departed from within 6 hours of completing the validation process. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the validation approval, and the validation process will need to be repeated.
3. Which bank cards are eligible for receiving a refund?
Refunds may be processed to Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Union Pay cards. Refunds processed by Planet to the credit/debit card will normally be in AED. The card issuing company or bank determines the foreign exchange rate to be applied on the refund.
4. What if the card refund amount was not received within 9 days?
If the card refund is not received within 9 days, the issuing company or bank must be followed up with.
5. Who can be contacted for any queries?
Planet Tax Free may be contacted via email at: Tourists@planetpayment.com, or alternatively, Planet Customer may be contacted through Planet Happiness Centre on +971 4 586 4700.