Enter the code as shown in the Image
If you are a UAE National building a new residence in the UAE, you are likely to incur VAT on your construction costs. You can follow the process outlined in our guide to file a refund claim with the FTA to recover the VAT costs.
Related Detailed Guide
To start the service
Expenses must relate to a new building which is used as a residence of the applicant and his or her family.
The claim can be made only by a natural person who is a UAE national and a supporting documentation must be shown (i.e Family book).
- Create an account on e-Services through eservices.tax.gov.ae.
- Create a new taxable person account / special refunds.
- Apply for New Residence VAT Refund.
- Copy of your Family Book.
- Copy of your Emirates ID.
- Document to prove building is occupied (for example: Water and electricity delivery bill).
- Construction contract and certificate of completion from the municipality.
- The refund Form must be sent to the FTA within 12 months from the date of completion of the newly built residence.
- Refund requests with an expense certificate from the Emirates Development Bank will be processed according to an expedited procedure.
Do you find this content helpful ?