Adopting the implementation of the green traffic system for the entry of all federal government agencies for employees and auditors in all emirates of the country, which will be limited to restaurants and owners of groups excluded from vaccination, starting from January 3, 2022
If you are a UAE National building a new residence in the UAE, you are likely to incur VAT on your construction costs. You can follow the process outlined in our guide to file a refund claim with the FTA to recover the VAT costs.
Related Detailed Guide
Expenses must relate to a new building which is used as a residence of the applicant and his or her family.
The claim can be made only by a natural person who is a UAE national and a supporting documentation must be shown (i.e Family book).
- Create an account on e-Services through eservices.tax.gov.ae.
- Create a new taxable person account / special refunds.
- Apply for New Residence VAT Refund.
- Copy of your Family Book.
- Copy of your Emirates ID.
- Document to prove building is occupied (for example: Water and electricity delivery bill).
- Construction contract and certificate of completion from the municipality.
- The refund Form must be sent to the FTA within 12 months from the date of completion of the newly built residence.
- Refund requests with an expense certificate from the Emirates Development Bank will be processed according to an expedited procedure.
Do you find this content helpful ?